Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sleeping Late

One of Dave's posts reminded me that I wanted to relate a little story of last Saturday morning. Usually Conrad sleeps until about 6 or a little before. He'll stir and make some little noise and by about 6:30, it has increased in volume enough to roust us out of bed.

Last Saturday, however, I awoke with a start at 6:30 to hear absolutely no noise. My mama sense was on high alert and I rushed into the boy's room, only to find him sleeping soundly. I put my hand on his back to make sure he was still breathing and returned to bed.

In some just world, I would have drifted off until the normal morning routine began. But no, in this new 'something must surely be wrong' state of mind, I was compelled to return to his room every ten minutes until he awoke. At 7:15. Which is a lovely time for a baby to wake up on a Saturday morning. I wish I could have enjoyed it.

No comments: