Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fat Little Baby

Conrad had his one month checkup on Monday. Dave and I both guessed that he'd weigh in at about 9 to 9 1/2 pounds. You can imagine my surprise when the nurse told us that he weighed 10 pounds and an ounce. Of course, I was sure that he was hitting the 90th percentile in growth, but our pediatrician reassured us that he's right in the middle of the growth charts and that we should expect such large gains this early in his life.

I shouldn't have been so surprised though as he's already outgrown some of his baby clothes. People had told me that there would be things that he'd only wear once, but I didn't believe it until now. I've started dragging out his 6 month clothes to make sure we get some wearing in before he gets too big. Note to readers - 6 month clothes are too big, but 3 months fit just great. Sadly, the newborn clothes are mostly too small.

I'm beginning to truly grasp how quickly they grow up. I know this sounds silly, but it's another a ha moment for me. I think there's a part of me that had the impression that he'd be a certain sized baby until suddenly he was a toddler, sort of bypassing the intermediate growth.

No comments: